Support Ukrainian Cancer Centers during the war
Help Ukraine Group (HUG) is a team of oncology practitioners from USA, Australia, and Ukraine formed to support cancer centers in Ukraine during the war by providing medical supplies, hardware/software, virtual and in-person training, educational materials for cancer care providers to help them fight both evils: cancer and war
Who we are?
We are a team of oncology practitioners from USA, Australia, and Ukraine formed to support cancer centers in Ukraine during the war:
- Dr. Nataliya Kovalchuk – Clinical Associate Professor at Stanford Radiation Oncology Department, Stanford, USA
- Dr. Andriy Beznosenko – president of the Ukrainian Society of Medical Oncology, Medical Chief Officer at National Cancer Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Ruslan Zelinskyi – president of Ukrainian Association of Medical Physicists, Spizhenko Clinic, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Dr. Natalka Suchowerska – director of Vector Lab, Associate Professor at University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Nelya Melnitchouk – Assistant Professor at Brigham and Women’s Hospital Surgery Department, founder of Global Medical Knowledge Alliance (GMKA), Boston, MA, USA
- Dr. Yuliia Lozko, Radiation Oncologist, National Cancer Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Dr. Viktor Iakovenko – Assistant Professor at University of Texas Southwestern Radiation Oncology Department, Dallas, USA
- Dr. Serhii Brovchuk – Chief Radiation Therapy Physicist, Kyiv Regional Cancer Center, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Dr. Oleh Duda – Deputy Head of Surgery Department, Lviv Regional Cancer Center, Lviv, Ukraine
- Dr. Andriy Hanych – Chair of Radiation Oncology Department, Mariupol Cancer Dispensary, Mariupol, Ukraine
- Dr. Yuliia Severyn – Assistant Professor at Shupyk National Healthcare University of Ukraine, Lisod Clinic, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Dr. Roman Kowalchuk – Radiation Oncology resident, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
How we act?
- We collect requests for medical supplies from cancer centers in Ukraine and gather donations and apply for grants to fulfill the requests.
- We petition radiation oncology vendors for software donation to streamline the workflows and improve radiotherapy treatment for cancer patients in Ukraine
- We find observership oportunities for Ukrainian onco practitioners in USA, Australia, and Canada. We apply for grants to help pay for the travel and living expenses
- We develop and translate educational content for radiation oncologists, medical physicists, radiation therapists to enhance the level of radiation oncology in Ukraine
- We advocate for Ukraine by organizing sessions on situation in Ukraine at the professional conferences and publishing the manuscripts in oncology journals